[NTG-context] Accessibility and Tagged PDFs: Bugs and Feature Requests

Dr. Dominik Klein Dominik.Klein at outlook.com
Sun Jul 5 22:04:06 CEST 2015

Am 05.07.15 um 13:11 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 7/4/2015 6:45 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 19:19:58 +0200
>> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> sure but in the meantime we need to find a way to determine what works
> and what not, for instance, as i mentioned that context already adds a
> rolemap
>
> 11 0 obj
> << /ParentTree 12 0 R /K 29 0 R /RoleMap << /sectiontitle /H /section
> /Sect /sectionnumber /H /document /Div >> /Type /StructTreeRoot >>
> endobj
>
> we have no way to check if that works (so maybe we need to have a page
> on the wiki with a viewer/functionality matrix)

The whole rolemap thing and how Acrobat Pro handles it leaves me
somewhat puzzled.

Taking https://github.com/asdfjkl/tex-access/blob/master/rolemap.tex and
compiling will give the rolemap as Hans described above. Looking at the
Tag structure, this seems to be ignored by acrobat (but why?), see
https://github.com/asdfjkl/tex-access/blob/master/rolemap.PNG

What would be expected is this, right? After all, the rolemap should be
interpreted, shouldn't it (mapping /H to /H1 was a mistake of mine, but
it doesn't change the fact).
https://github.com/asdfjkl/tex-access/blob/master/rolemap2.PNG
After changing things manually in the tag editor in acrobat, and saving
the pdf again, this is obtained:
https://github.com/asdfjkl/tex-access/blob/master/rolemap_edited.pdf

Note this:
<< /RoleMap << /document /Div /sectionnumber /H /sectiontitle /H
/section /Sect >> /Type /StructTreeRoot /ParentTree 12 0 R /K 29 0 R >>

and also the different structure elements at the start of the pdf...

I am lost here...

cheers

- Dominik