[NTG-context] Virtual font question

Zhichu Chen chenzhichu at sinap.ac.cn
Wed Jun 24 12:33:09 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,

I finally got my typescript work. It was the "serif" typeface that
failed me. When I defined the fixed size type:
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [rm] [serif] [times]     [default]
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [ss] [sans] [helvetica]
[default] [rscale=0.9]
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [tt] [mono] [courier]
[default] [rscale=1.1]
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [mm] [math] [mathtimespro]
[default]
where mathtimespro in the last line was defined as:
         \definefontsynonym [MathTimeProA-Regular]
[MTP06A-Regular at mtpro06a-regular]
Everything was fine. But the designsize version needs to be:
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [rm] [serif] [times]
[default][designsize=auto]
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica]
[default] [rscale=0.9]
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [tt] [mono]  [courier] [default]
[rscale=1.1]
         \definetypeface [mathtimespro] [mm] [math] [mathtimespro]
[default][designsize=auto]
Without the last parameter in the serif definition, the math font could
not be remapped (WHY???).

Fix me if I'm wrong about this conclusion.

Best regards,
Zhichu