[NTG-context] Line wrapping inconsistency with tolerance, alignment and framed

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:04:33 CEST 2015

> Christoph Reller <mailto:christoph.reller at gmail.com>
> 18. Juni 2015 16:25
> Hi,
>
> I have an (admittedly carefully crafted) example, see below. My question:
> Why is the line wrapping different for this case within a framed and
> outside of a framed?
> How can I control the amount of space left on a line before breaking
> the line within and without a framed consistently?
>
> Any insight is welcome.
>
> Christoph
>
> MWE:
>
> \setuptolerance[horizontal,stretch,verytolerant]
> \defineframed[myframe][align=flushleft,frame=off,offset=0pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> \def\super{supercalifragilisticexpialidoc}
> \startalignment[flushleft]
>   \unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}
> \stopalignment
>
> \myframe{\unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}}
>
> \stoptext
The frame resets the tolerance settings and you have to set the values
again for it.

   \defineframed[myframe][align={flushleft,stretch,verytolerant},offset=0pt]

BTW: You can also disable hyphentation with the “nothyphenated” keyword
for \setupalign (and the align key).

\starttext

\startalignment[flushleft,stretch,verytolerant,nothyphenated]
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc +
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc
\stopalignment

\startframed[align={flushleft,stretch,verytolerant,nothyphenated}]
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc +
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc
\stopframed

\stoptext

Wolfgang