[NTG-context] BBEdit Language Module for ConTeXt

Thomas Floeren thfl at mac.com
Tue Jun 16 20:20:53 CEST 2015

> On 16 Jun 2015, at 15:04, Paul Mazaitis <pm39 at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> I've been working on a BBEdit language module to support editing ConTeXt files:
>
> 	https://github.com/pmazaitis/ConTeXtBBLM
>
> ...with binary releases here:
>
> 	https://github.com/pmazaitis/ConTeXtBBLM/releases
>
> If there are other BBEdit users here with interest, I'd appreciate feedback. Notes on feature gaps (math?), outright bugs, improvements, and/or fiddly details are all welcome.

Hi,

thanks a lot for sharing your module. I was using my own CLM for ConTeXt, but probably I’ll switch to yours now :-)

(I especially love the addition of the "callouts" (TODO, etc.) to the functions/sections menu!)

Some quick observations/suggestions/thoughts:

## Key/value options [] and content arguments {}

The highlighting is broken when there is a space between the command word and the [bracketed options] {or arguments}; unfortunately that’s the way I use to write it ;-)

It breaks also when there are line breaks involved, which is often the case when you write longer, "vertical" definitions, for example

\setupitemgroup [Legtext] [each]
[stopper=,
before={\setupwhitespace[none]\blank[small]},
style=\bf,
inbetween={\blank[small]},
after={\blank[medium]},
width=1.8em,
…]

## Command words

\,\;\: : In things like "3000\,mm" the whole "\,mm" gets highlighted. [This may ne a legacy problem, as I should better use directly an appropriate Unicode space.]

Highlighting should probably not include chars like "()|": For example in "\starttabulate [|lw(.65\textwidth)|rw(.25\textwidth)|]" the whole "\textwidth)|rw(.25\textwidth)|" part gets command-highlighted.

## Default highlight colors

After installation the default highlight colors were all set to black, except for comments. (BBEdit 11.1.2 (3733).)
(Though this might be as well a BBEdit problem, since they are still fighting highlighting bugs that have been introduced with the color scheme changes of vs. 11)

## Commands / keywords

It’s interesting that you are offering both Command words (via pattern) and Keywords (custom list). In ConTeXt I always thought of them as the same. I’ll surely find a nice use for that :-)

Thanks again,
best,

--
Tom