[NTG-context] TikZ and wrong drawing order

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jun 15 13:47:33 CEST 2015

On 6/14/2015 11:26 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Your example uses just two colours, while TikZ uses five and I don't
> know how to translate this "ball shading" to MP (I know or at least
> knew how to do it in plain PostScript and could dig it up; I think it
> uses function shading with predefined colours at predefined distances,
> but it's all a single shading (a single function), not a composition
> of multiple sections).

Ok, as I suppose you need it for you thesis ... a new beta ...

I didn't play with values for the circular one but here's a linear:

\startMPpage

     fill fullsquare scaled 50pt
         withshademethod "linear"
         withshadevector (0,1)
         withshadestep (
             withshadefraction .3
             withshadecolors (red,green)
         )
         withshadestep (
             withshadefraction .5
             withshadecolors (green,blue)
         )
         withshadestep (
             withshadefraction .7
             withshadecolors (blue,red)
         )
         withshadestep (
             withshadefraction 1
             withshadecolors (red,yellow)
         )
     ;

     fill fullsquare scaled 50pt shifted(60pt,0)
         withshademethod "linear"
         withshadevector (0,1)
         withshadecolors (red,green)
     ;