[NTG-context] TikZ and wrong drawing order

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 12 00:45:35 CEST 2015

On 6/12/2015 12:28 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 6/11/2015 7:27 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> \usemodule
>>>       [tikz]
>>>
>>> \definesymbol[1]
>>>       [{\tikz\shade[shading=ball,ball color=blue] (0,0) circle (.2cm);}]
>>

>> \startreusableMPgraphic{bullet}
>>      fill fullcircle
>>          scaled (1EmWidth)
>>          withshademethod "circular"
>>          withcolor red shadedinto blue ;
>> \stopreusableMPgraphic
>>
>> \definesymbol[1]{\reuseMPgraphic{bullet}}
>
> Thank you. But TikZ simply delivers a "superior" result in this case
> (= better tuned). We should figure out how exactly the shading is done
> there (it's slightly eccentric etc.) and try to prepare a macro for
> metafun that delivers the same result (or at least a compatible one)
> with an input of a single colour as a parameter.

Most shades look ugly and useless to me anyway but you have more control
than you think (always had but nicer interfaced in mpiv):

\startMPpage
     fill fullcircle scaled 10cm
         withshademethod "circular"
         withshadevector (5cm,1cm)
         withshadecenter (.1,.5)
         withshadedomain (.2,.6)
         withshadefactor 1.2
         withshadecolors (red,green)
     ;
\stopMPage

Of course you need to play with the values as there is no 'best'
combination.