[NTG-context] TikZ and wrong drawing order

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Jun 11 22:43:26 CEST 2015

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to ask for help for either finding a fix or some clever
>>> workaround for the following problem.
>>>
>>> If I use a TikZ picture as item symbol and additionally use background
>>> text, then the first symbol in itemize environment gets covered by the
>>> background. Here's an example:
>>>

>> Workaround (though I have no idea why this should work).
>
>>    background={foreground,color}
>
> While it works in the sense that it gives a consistent look, it
> doesn't really lead to the desired result, at least not for me. The
> reason for using background colour in my case was to make text
> "visible" on a dark background photo. It doesn't really help if the
> main text gets hidden behind the semi-transparent layer.

I have no idea what tikz is doing:

\usemodule[tikz]

\definecolor[light][s=1,a=1,t=0.1]
\definecolor[dark] [s=1,a=1,t=0.95]

\defineframedtext[normal] [width=4cm, background=color]
\defineframedtext[reverse][width=4cm, background={foreground,color}]

\startbuffer
\tikz\fill[color=blue] (0,0) circle (.2cm);
\startMPcode fill fullcircle scaled (.4cm) withcolor \MPcolor{blue}; \stopMPcode
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\startnormal[backgroundcolor=light] \getbuffer \stopnormal
\startnormal[backgroundcolor=dark] \getbuffer  \stopnormal

\blank[3*line]

\startreverse[backgroundcolor=light] \getbuffer \stopreverse
\startreverse[backgroundcolor=dark] \getbuffer  \stopreverse
\stoptext

Aditya