[NTG-context] TikZ and wrong drawing order

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:14:27 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to ask for help for either finding a fix or some clever
>> workaround for the following problem.
>>
>> If I use a TikZ picture as item symbol and additionally use background
>> text, then the first symbol in itemize environment gets covered by the
>> background. Here's an example:
>>
>> \usemodule
>>    [tikz]
>>
>> \definesymbol[1]
>>    [{\tikz\shade[shading=ball,ball color=blue] (0,0) circle (.2cm);}]
>>
>> \definecolor
>>    [backcol]
>>    [s=1,a=1,t=0.1]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startframedtext[width=4cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=backcol]
>> \startitemize
>> \item one
>> \item two
>> \item three
>> \stopitemize
>> \stopframedtext
>>
>> \stoptext
>

> Workaround (though I have no idea why this should work).

Does it also work if you use the following?

\definecolor
    [backcol]
    [s=1,a=1,t=0.95]

> Use
>
>    background={foreground,color}
>
> I wanted to test background={color, foreground}, but wrote the above by
> mistake and it works!!!

While it works in the sense that it gives a consistent look, it
doesn't really lead to the desired result, at least not for me. The
reason for using background colour in my case was to make text
"visible" on a dark background photo. It doesn't really help if the
main text gets hidden behind the semi-transparent layer.

Unless you get different results than I do.

Mojca