[NTG-context] Blank line before placehead=empty

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Jun 2 19:47:25 CEST 2015

On 06/02/2015 07:05 PM, Kate F wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a document where I'm showing chapter titles in headers, rather
> than on the page in the usual place in the body text area.
>
> Using placehead=empty, what causes the blank line before the text? Is
> there a way to suppress it?
>
> I see there's no line when specifying placehead=no, but I want the
> chapter heading to appear in my TOC, so that's why I'm using
> placehead=empty. Or maybe there's another way to add something to the
> TOC without showing anything in the document.

Hi Kate,

as far as I know, placehead=no only affects to the heading, not to the TOC.

At least, this sample works:

    \setuphead[chapter][placehead=no]

    \showgrid
    \showstruts

    \starttext
    \completecontent
    \dorecurse{10}{\startchapter
        [title={My Chapter}] cows cows hasselt
        \stopchapter}
    \stoptext

Or have I misread your message or am I missing something?

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk