[NTG-context] Bugs with minimals 2015.05.24 12:42

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jun 2 14:51:54 CEST 2015

On 6/2/2015 2:26 PM, david.boerschlein at juno.com wrote:

> (*) tex error       > error on line 1 in file /var/www/vhosts/door43.org/tools/nototest.tex: ! Undefined control sequence
>      l.1 \useregime
>              [utf]
>      1 >>  \useregime[utf]
>      2     \enableregime[utf]
>      Version: 2015.05.24 12:42
>
> (*) Upgrading with "first-setup.sh" deleted all the third-party fonts which we had spent months installing.

If you install extra fonts and files, you should put them in

tex/texmf-fonts
tex/texmf-project

as these are left untouched. That has always been the recommendation.
The other trees will be synchronized in an update and that also includes
deleting obsolete files.

> (*) Installing the "context=current" installed a "beta" version of luatex:
>      context --version
>      mtx-context     | current version: 2015.05.24 12:42
>      luatex --version
>      This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.0 (TeX Live 2015) (rev 5238)
>
> (*) http://tug.org/pracjourn/2005-2/schmitz/schmitz.pdf (none of the commands texfont, ttf2afm, updmap, come with the latest ConTeXt minimals 2015.05.24 12:42) [Is this really the up-to-date documentation on how to install a true-type font?]    It does not seem to discuss what to do if all we have is an ".otf" but no ".ttf"
>
> (*) Documentation request: typescripts for "ttf" and "otf" files which may or may not have bold, italics, etc with fallback-families and Unicode ranges and separate files for Unicode-ranges (e.g., Google Noto fonts).

you can put the fonts in

tex/texmf-fonts/fonts/data/someplace

and run

mtxrun --generate