[NTG-context] bug in latest beta?

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 08:45:29 CEST 2015

Hi Pablo,

Indeed the document I was talking about has been typeset with various versions of mkiv, but now I observe that sometimes the pagebreaks are made in a very strange way. Since I can’t make a minimal example, I put on the following link an excerpt of the PDF document where the bad pagebreaks can be seen:

	https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4316076/bad-pagebreak.pdf

(Please see pages 19 and 32). It seems that this happens, sometimes, but as far as I can say from my experiments the bad pagebreak happens always before a « proclaim » which is defined as follows:

\defineenumeration[proclaim]
	[text=,
	before={\blank\startbackground[frame=off,leftframe=on,
				rulethickness=2pt,framecolor=darkred,
				background=color,
				backgroundcolor=screen]},
	after={\stopbackground\blank},
	style=slanted,
	title=yes,
	titleleft=,
	titleright={.},
	alternative=hanging,
	width=fit,
	right={~},
	way=bysection,
	prefix=yes,
	prefixsegments={chapter:section}]

Actually I found a workaround for this by changing the above definition into:

\defineenumeration[proclaim]
	[text=,
	before={\blank\startmarginrule[rulethickness=1pt,rulecolor=darkred]},
	after={\stopmarginrule},
	style=slanted,
	title=yes,
	titleleft=,
	titleright={.},
	alternative=hanging,
	width=fit,
	right={~},
	way=bysection,
	prefix=yes,
	prefixsegments={chapter:section}]

However it would be better to understand why the first definition does not work properly, in a rather random way.

Best regards: OK