[NTG-context] [BUG]: `referenceprefix' in `\setuphead' ruins `\cite'

Alexander Shukaev haroogan at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:55:41 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Alexander Shukaev <haroogan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think I've experienced a severe bug here.  Consider the following:
>
> ​​
> \setuphead
> [chapter][%
>   referenceprefix={chapter},
> ]

> \cite[xxx]
>
> \startpublication[
>   k={xxx},
>   t={...},
>   a={...},
>   y={...},
> ]
> \stoppublication
>

> \startchapter
> [title={BIBLIOGRAPHY}]
>
> \whitespace
> \placepublications
>
> \stopchapter
>
> will render [[error 2]] in place of `\cite[xxx]' because of
> `referenceprefix' in `\setuphead'.  Why?  I don't believe `referenceprefix'
> in `\setuphead' should have something to do with `\cite' at all.
>
> Thankfully, it's pretty rare that one uses `chapter' for bibliography, but
> still I think it's better to fix this.  For instance, right now the
> following works fine for me:
>
> \setuphead
> [chapter][%
>   referenceprefix={chapter},
> ]
>
> ​​
> \setuphead
> [title][%
>   referenceprefix={},
> ]

> \cite[xxx]
>
> \startpublication[
>   k={xxx},
>   t={...},
>   a={...},
>   y={...},
> ]
> \stoppublication
>

> \starttitle
> [title={BIBLIOGRAPHY}]
>
> \whitespace
> \placepublications
>
> \stoptitle
>
> NOTE: It's extremely important to explicitly do `referenceprefix={}' for
> `title' because somehow `title' inherits `referenceprefix={chapter}' from
> `chapter'; and therefore, not doing `referenceprefix={}' will again result
> in [[error 2]] in place of `\cite[xxx]'.
>
> Looking forward to your feedback.
>
> Kind regards,
> Alexander

​It seems to be even worse.  It's enough to simple have `chapter' somewhere
to trigger the bug (no necessary to put `chapter' around
`\placepublications':

​​\setuphead
[chapter][%
  referenceprefix={chapter},
]

​
\setuphead
[title][%
  referenceprefix={},
]

\cite[xxx]

\startchapter
[title={Chapter}]
\stopchapter

\startpublication[
  k={xxx},
  t={...},
  a={...},
  y={...},
]
\stoppublication

\placepublications

will result in [[error 2]] again, and there seems to be no workaround.