[NTG-context] embeddedxtable

Meer, H. van der H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Mon May 25 12:08:25 CEST 2015

On 24 May 2015, at 22:53, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com<mailto:schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com>> wrote:

Am 24.05.2015 um 21:33 schrieb Meer, H. van der <H.vanderMeer at uva.nl<mailto:H.vanderMeer at uva.nl>>:

Here an example as minimal as I could construct.

The spaces in the output are produced by the spaces between the tags (\xmlstrip doesn’t seem to work)
and you have to use a combination of \removeunwantedspaces and \ignorespaces to remove them.

To center your table this isn’t necessary when you replace \midaligned with a framedtext
environment in combination with “location=middle” or use a float command like \placefigure.

I think I can reduce the number of places where spaces have to be suppressed. With just 2 \removeunwantedspaces and 1 \ignorespaces I get rid of most of them. The \framed[offset=0pt] shows where spurious space is still inserted.

Only 1 space remains inside the framed: in the vertical dimension below the table. Any idea where this comes from? Some parameter to change in the \framerd perhaps?

Of course I would be happier if none of these space-suppressing is necessary in my code, because ConTeXt takes care of them.

Hans van der Meer

\startxmlsetups xmlcommon:table
\bgroup
\setupxtable[% Setup defaults
leftmargindistance=0pt,rightmargindistance=0pt,
offset=2pt,height=fit,width=fit,
align={center,lohi},columndistance=0pt]
\setupxtableparameters{#1}
\startlocationbox{#1}