[NTG-context] Force to display page number on the `makeup' page

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun May 24 21:34:57 CEST 2015

> Am 24.05.2015 um 21:20 schrieb Alexander Shukaev <haroogan at gmail.com>:
>
> Thanks, Wolfgang, that indeed does the trick.
>
> A related question.  I've noticed that global `whitespace' setup is not recognized by `makeup' environment, i.e.
>
> \setupwhitespace[line]
>
> \definemakeup
> [abstractpage]
>
> \startabstractpagemakeup
>
> % `whitespace' is definitely not `line'.
>
> \stopabstractpagemakeup
>
> The trivial and ugly solution is to
>
> \definemakeup
> [abstractpage]
>
> \startabstractpagemakeup
>
> \setupwhitespace[line]
>
> % `whitespace' is definitely `line'.
>
> \stopabstractpagemakeup
>
> However, I would prefer
>
> \setupmakeup[
>   commands={%
>     \setupwhitespace[line]%
>   },
> ]
>
> but it has no effect too.  I would like to know why and if there is a alternative?
>
> By the way, the similar setting
>
> \setupmakeup[
>   commands={%
>     \setupinterlinespace[line={4.2ex}]%
>   },
> ]
>
> does have an effect.  Once again, why?  What's the difference in this case?

The makeup environment resets the global indentation and whitespace settings.

To apply your own setups for the makeup environment you can put them in a setups
environment and enable them. The commands key can’t be used for this because
its content is flushed before context resets the value and your whitespace setting
is never used.

\definemakeup[abstractpage]

\startsetups[makeup:abstractpage]
  \setupwhitespace[line]
\stopsetups

\setupmakeup[abstractpage][setups=makeup:abstractpage]

\setupwhitespace[line]

\starttext

\input knuth

\startmakeup[abstractpage]