[NTG-context] Force to display page number on the `makeup' page

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:14:25 CEST 2015

> Am 24.05.2015 um 20:03 schrieb Alexander Shukaev <haroogan at gmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a special `makeup' for the abstract page:
>
> \definemakeup
> [abstractpage]
>
> I also have general `makeup' setup:
>
> \setupmakeup[
>   doublesided={no},
>     pagestate={start},
>          page={yes},
> ]
>
> The footer is available from general `layout' setup:
>
> \setuplayout[
>   footer={16pt},
>   header={\zeropoint},
>   margin={\zeropoint},
> ]
>
> Page numbering comes from general `pagenumbering' setup:
>
> \setuppagenumbering
> [location={footer}]
>
> I'm aware that `makeup' pages don't display page numbers even though they can count them with the `pagestate={start}' setting.  However, for this particular `makeup' (`abstractpage') I would like to force the display of page number.  I've tried
>
> \startabstractpagemakeup
>
> \setuppagenumbering
> [location={footer}]

> \stopabstractpagemakeup
>
> in hope that `makeup' simply sets `location=' behind the scenes to hide the page number, but it seems that I was wrong.  Is it possible to force page number placement for a particular `makeup'?  Thanks a lot.

You can enable the header with the headerstate key and the footer with the footerstate key.

\setupmakeup[standard][pagestate=start]

\starttext

\input knuth

\startmakeup[standard]
\input knuth
\stopmakeup

\input knuth

\startmakeup[standard][headerstate=start]
\input knuth
\stopmakeup

\input knuth

\stoptext