[NTG-context] How to properly `\setuplayout' for several pages and then restore back?

Alexander Shukaev haroogan at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:36:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a table of contents that now has grown to span several pages.
Before that I used the following setup:

\definemakeup
[contentspage]

\setupmakeup
[contentspage][%
  footerstate={stop},
  headerstate={stop},
    pagestate={stop},
         page={yes},
       bottom={\vfill},
          top={},
]

\setuplayout
[contentspage][%
  footer={\zeropoint},
  header={\zeropoint},
]

\setuplayout
[contentspage][%
  footerdistance={\zeropoint},
  headerdistance={\zeropoint},
]

\startcontentspagemakeup

\setupwhitespace
[line]

% ToC

\stopcontentspagemakeup

and that indeed worked when ToC spanned only one page.  Since page breaking
does not work inside `makeup', I had ti give it up.  Now I try the
following:

\start

\setupheader[state={stop}]
\setupfooter[state={stop}]

\setuppagenumbering[state={stop}]

\setuplayout[%
  footer={\zeropoint},
  header={\zeropoint},
]

\setuplayout[%
  footerdistance={\zeropoint},
  headerdistance={\zeropoint},
]

% ToC

\stop

Why after `\stop' previous setups for `layout', `header', `footer', and
`pagenumbering' do not restore?  Is there a way to achieve this or do I
have to manually duplicate the setups which were before `\start'?  Thank
you.

Kind regards,
Alexander