[NTG-context] Splitting a combination of figures (also a philosophical question)

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Wed May 20 22:29:04 CEST 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 16:43:32 +0200
Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could use two separate figure numbers, but then I would need to
> change the text that references the figures (and when the layout
> changes, so that I would figure out that both figures would eventually
> fit on a single page, I would have to change the text again).

What is the philosophical difference between Figure 1.5a ... Figure
1.5b and Figure 1.5 ... Figure 1.6?

Maybe (untested):
\startplacefigure [incrementnumber=no,number=no]
    \startcombination [1]
        {\externalfigure [firstoftwo]} {a}
    \stopcombination
\stopplacefigure
\startplacefigure [title=My combined figure title]
    \startcombination [1]
        {\externalfigure [secondoftwo]} {b}
    \stopcombination
\stopplacefigure