[NTG-context] Placing margin notes on the left using Lua

Hannes Riebl hriebl at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Wed May 20 17:14:54 CEST 2015

On 05/08/2015 01:14 PM, Hannes Riebl wrote:
> That's good! Is there an option to use spaces instead of new lines
> between the notes? And how about dropping irrelevant notes? Just to
> provide some more information: We use margin notes to mark text
> omissions. However, these notes should only appear for omissions that
> span multiple lines. Any ideas how to cope with this requirement?
>
> Best regards
> Hannes Riebl

I have finally been able to solve this problem with the following
workflow: (1) Compile the document using Lua to genenate two text files:
one that contains the lines and line breaks and another one that
contains the corresponding margin notes. (2) Use Perl to add \margindata
in the right places of the ConTeXt source code. (3) Compile the document
again. It's hacky but it works. Anyways, guess it's been a very unusual
requirement...

Best regards
Hannes Riebl

--
Hannes Riebl
Abteilung Forschung & Entwicklung

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen
D-37070 Göttingen

Papendiek 14 (Historisches Gebäude, Raum 2.409)

hriebl at sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.rdd.sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://dhd-blog.org