[NTG-context] backgroundscreen no longer working

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 19 18:03:14 CEST 2015

On 5/19/2015 3:43 PM, Thomas Floeren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> backgroundscreen is no longer working here, apparently since the beta 2015-04-12.
>
> \starttext
> % \setupbackgrounds [page] [background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray]
> \setupbackgrounds [page] [background=screen,backgroundscreen=.8]
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>

> If I use the pack-rul.mkiv from 2015-04-08 it works again.
>
> Is it deprecated now, or is this just a bug?

it's definitely and on purpose gone .. i kept it for a few years but not
it's really gone in mkiv

so just use backgroundcolor=gray (or some shade)

(long long ago - dvi times - the distinction was there because we could
fake gray using small periods so it was a different background plugin)

(just like nowadays \encoding[utf] is not needed and colors are enabled
by default)