[NTG-context] creating multiline paragraph in \tabulate

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue May 19 17:54:48 CEST 2015

Supposedly \tablulate can handle a multiline
paragraph in a single cell. It didn't work for
me. The text just ran off the right edge of
the page. So here is my two column table with a
workaround.
{\bf Figure 2.3: Specialty Food Store
Classifications}
\setupframed[framecorner=rectanglular,background=none]
\tfx
\placetable[force,none]{}
\starttabulate[|lw(.25\textwidth)|lpw(.75\textwidth)|]
\HL
\NC Housewares \NC Gourmet pots and pans and other cookware, with some impulse\NC\NR
\NC \null \NC and companion food items \NC\NR
\HL
\stoptabulate
\tf
\stoptext
-------------
In my version the \null command was necessary to
skip the left column.

Also, I want the title of the table at the top
and not the bottom. So I have to add a separate
title line at the top and blank out the generated
title with a graphic of blank space placed below
the table thus:
\vskip -0.35in
\externalfigure[blanker.pdf]

There ought to be an easier way to get rid of the
title at the bottom of the table but this is the
best I could come up with. The file blanker.pdf
was generated in Scribus 1.5.0