[NTG-context] Weird position of equation numbers for long equations

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 17 00:29:31 CEST 2015

On 5/16/2015 6:58 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> \hsize=2cm

> $$a^2+b^2=c^2\eqno(b)$$

It's what happens with a too wide formula + number (in context you see
an extra shift as we also have some distance between the formula and
number).

It's sort of a side effect of lack of control over what tex does (i can
imagine a solution i.e. lap left or right depending on the location but
that would then have to be under control of (say) \matheqoverflowmode or
so (0 = normal, 1 = lap back into the text, 2 ...).

I will have a look at it but it's not a short term solution for your
problem the too wide formula, unless you do a local \setupformulas
[distance=-2cm] or so).