[NTG-context] vim module: modify line wrapping

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri May 15 17:25:24 CEST 2015

On Fri, 15 May 2015, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> Am 14.05.2015 17:26, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>>
>> I just released a newer version to t-vim where the `option=hypenated`
>> is documented. It is also possible to hyphenate words by using
>>
>> \definevimtyping[...][..., option={packed,hyphenated},
>> align=hyphenated, ....]
>>
>> Aditya
>
> Thank you for that solution. It doesn't work quite that way, though:
>
> 1. Only [...,option=hyphenated,...] breaks many, but not all lines.
> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch] helps here.

Depends on a bit on the breakpoints. Can you send an example where it
doesn't work.

> 2. [...,option={packed,hyphenated},align=hyphenated,...] doesn't work at
> all

It should. I'll look into this.

> 3. Omitting "packed", ie. [...,option=hyphenated,align=hyphenated,...]
> works as expected. Even single words are broken then.

> I will currently stick with option 1, since option 3 has a negative side
> effect: it inserts hyphen marks ("-"), which looks weird in source code.

I know. That is why, as I say in the documentation, option 3 is a last
case resort.

> All in all I have two wishes regarding wordwrap and hyphenation, and
> hope they aren't too hard to grant :-)
>
> 1. Add an option to omit the hyphenation mark/sign (whatever it is
> actually called).

This should be easy (provided someone can tell how to do this in normal
text :-)

> 2. Add an option to indent the wrapped line to the line it was wrapped
> from.

This is too difficult to do correctly, and I am not going to implement a
half-baked solution. One option is to run your code through a formatter
(prettifier) upfront. It is easy to plug that in to the t-vim module.

Aditya