[NTG-context] Prefix for figure number lost in unnumbered subsection

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 13 22:25:28 CEST 2015


On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 5/13/2015 10:38 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As this works properly in MkII: should I simply switch to MkII ;) or
>> is there some kind of a workaround in MkIV as well?
>
>
> \setuphead
>   [subsubsection]
>   [incrementnumber=no]

Thank you. This solves the problem, but isn't current behaviour
(without "incrementnumber=no") some kind of a bug?

- Once a figure gets a number like "3.4", isn't it a bug if the
reference to that figure says "Figure 4"?
- (I find it a bit problematic that figures are numbered "1.1", "2", "1.3".)

While I could at least understand why implementing the second thing
properly might be a bit more challenging, I don't understand why a
reference would ever be allowed to change the original label.

I'm experiencing a similar problem with figures in appendices (I
already reported it, but I need to find that mail).

And there's another tiny problem that's partially a consequence of a
human mistake. If a reference is missing, \in[reference] would print
"??". But if one accidentally tries to reference some unnumbered
subsubsection, \in doesn't print anything to even remotely indicate an
error. (The origin of the error was initially referencing
subsubsections in one chapter, then removing numbers of subsubsections
for the sake of another chapter and it took a while until the problem
was spotted.)

Mojca


>> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Consider the following example where I wanted to remove subsubsection
>>> numbers (as one ends with way too many numbers otherwise). The figure
>>> numbering is screwed up, I get:
>>> - Figure 1.1
>>> - Figure 2
>>> - Figure 1.3
>>>
>>> \setuphead
>>>      [subsubsection]
>>>      [number=no]
>>> \starttext
>>> \chapter{Chapter A}
>>> \section{Section B}
>>> \subsection{Subsection C}
>>> \placefigure[force]{correct prefix}{test}
>>> \subsubsection{Subsubsection D}
>>> \placefigure[force]{no prefix number}{test}
>>> \subsection{Subsection E}
>>> \placefigure[force]{correct prefix}{test}
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> How to fix that?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>      Mojca
>>
>>
>> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to
>> the Wiki!
>>
>> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl /
>> http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
>> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
>> archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
>> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
>>
>> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>
>
> --
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to
> the Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl /
> http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
> archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> ___________________________________________________________________________________


More information about the ntg-context mailing list