[NTG-context] Bleeding pictures as floats?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:53:36 CEST 2015

> Am 06.05.2015 um 07:06 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net>:
>
> […]
>
> \definemeasure[Bleed][3mm]
> \definemeasure[maxWidth][\dimexpr \paperwidth + \measure{Bleed}\relax]
> \definemeasure[maxHeight][\dimexpr \paperheight + 2\measure{Bleed}\relax]
> \definemeasure[topOffset][\dimexpr \topspace + \measure{Bleed}\relax]

You don’t have to use \dimexpr because the measure macros already us it.

> […]
>
> \definefloat[bleedfigure][figure]
> \setupfloat[bleedfigure][
> 	outermargindistance=-2\measure{Bleed},
> 	%leftmargindistance=-2\measure{Bleed},
> 	%rightmargindistance=-2\measure{Bleed},
> 	maxwidth=\measure{maxWidth}
> ]

There is only a “outermargin”  key but not “outermargindistance”.

> […]
>
> With this (perhaps not minimal) example I get nearly what I want, but the image starts with the paper and is centered (x/y -1,5mm/0mm) where I want it to start on -3mm/-3mm on a left page, 0mm/-3mm on a right page. I thought my definitions should do that…

The space before the image isn’t fixed when you use \setuplayout[grid=yes] because ConTeXt has to change it to ensure the text after the floats stays on the page.

%\setuplayout[grid=yes] % uncomment to see how the space before the images changes

\showframe

\starttext

\chapter{Test}

\placefigure[top]{Dummy}{\externalfigure[dummy]}

\input tufte

\stoptext

Wolfgang