[NTG-context] Changing font for math function

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon May 11 10:05:02 CEST 2015

On 5/11/2015 9:07 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Thanks for your remark: indeed with the correct use of \underline, I get what was intended, but somehow before yesterday ConTeXt was more tolerant and for years it accepted my wrong definition of \liminf…
> However, with the new features of \setupmathematics, the underlined word lim has two colors: for instance with the option
> 		\setupmathematics [functioncolor=red]
> the word lim is in red, but the underline is in black.

you can set lots of colors so formulas can be real colorful

> If I understand correctly, the option
> 	\setupmathematics [functionstyle=\normalrm, functioncolor=red]
> uses the normal roman font in math mode, that is math italic if for instance one is using LM roman as text font. Am I right?

functionstyle=<somedefinedtextstylealternative>

will box the stuff and uses the given fon, otherwise it will use
whatever is set and when nothing is set it will use mathupright (cf
aditya's wish and previous behaviour)

> A final question: assuming one needs somewhere a command named weak limit, that is \weaklim, I tried the following definition:
> 	\definemathcommand [weaklim]  [limop] {\mfunctionlabeltext{weaklim}}
> but I don’t get the word weaklim printed: what am I doing wrong?
> Here is the example:
>
> % begin weaklim.tex
> \definemathcommand [weaklim]  [limop] {\mfunctionlabeltext{weaklim}}
> \starttext
>
> If $\phi_{n}(x) := \sin(n|x|)$, then $\weaklim_{n\to\infty}\phi_{n} = 0$.
>
> \stoptext
> % end weaklim.tex

it helps to define the label

\setupmathlabeltext[en][weaklim=wlim]