[NTG-context] Changing font for math function

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sun May 10 18:16:27 CEST 2015

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the new feature in \setupmathematics.
I did some testing of the feature on a several documents, , and followed the discussions you had with Aditya and Wolfgang.
Everything works fine, except that when one tries to modify, for instance the definition of \liminf (in order to have it as an underlined lim), ConTeXt reports an error.
Please see below the minimal example and the error message.
In the minimal example if you uncomment the lines modifying the definition of \liminf on gets an error message.

%%%% begin test-functionstyle.tex
\setupmathematics
 [functionstyle=\ss,
  functioncolor=red]

%\unprotect
%\definemathcommand [liminf]  [limop] {\underline\mfunctionlabeltext{lim}}
%\protect

\starttext
\startformula
 f = \sin i\omega x^{\sin(x^{\sin(y)})}
\stopformula

Fatou's lemma implies
\startformula
\int_{\Omega}\liminf_{n\to\infty} (1+\cos(n|x|))dx \leq \liminf_{n\to\infty}\int_{\Omega}(1+\cos(n|x|))dx.
\stopformula
\stoptext
%%%% end test-functionstyle.tex

The error message is:
\begingroup
\mfunctionlabeltext #1->\begingroup
                                    \math_tags_mfunctionlab {#1}\c_apply_fun...
\483>limop #1->\mathop {#1
                          }
l.45 \int_{\Omega}\liminf
                       _{n\to\infty} (1+\cos(n|x|))dx \leq \liminf_{n\to\inf...

Best regards: OK