[NTG-context] bug in xtables?

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat May 9 20:03:33 CEST 2015

Dear list,

the following sample shows a weird issue:

    \starttext
    \startbuffer[somextable]
    \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] a \stopxcell
            \startxcell b \stopxcell
            \startxcell c \stopxcell
            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] d \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable
    \stopbuffer

    \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell a \stopxcell
            \startxcell b \stopxcell
            \startxcell c \stopxcell
            \startxcell d \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable

    This is the next paragraph.

    \getbuffer[somextable]

    This is the next paragraph.
    \stoptext

If the width is specified for some xcells (but not all), extra blank
space will be added after the xtable when got from a buffer.

Isn’t it a bug?

BTW, shouldn’t the xcells with no width specified be wider than the ones
that have [width=.2\textwidth]?

(I may be missing something, because I think the width for the xcells
with no specified width should be .3\textwidth.)

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk