[NTG-context] Changing font for math function

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat May 9 13:46:46 CEST 2015

On 5/9/2015 2:03 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a question on TeX.SX asking how to change the font of \sin,
> \cos, etc.
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/243893/323
>
> I looked at the code, and there does not appear to be an easy solution.
> The \mathfunctionlabeltext command has \mathupright hard coded.
>
> One option is to keep this configurable using \setupmathematics, perhaps
> mfunction=(normal|italic|sans).
>
> In any case, I think that the current implementation is a bug. The
> default font for mathfunctionlabeltext should be typeset in the bodyfont.

this is evil (as it's unpredictable, so no support for side effects):

% \prependtoks \rm \to \everymathematics

i've added (uploading beta now)

\setupmathematics
   [functionstyle=\ss,
    functioncolor=red]

\starttext
\startformula
   f = \sin i\omega x^{\sin(x^{\sin(y)})}
\stopformula
\stoptext

best test this because Mojca will at some point push into tex live (at
which moment we have a current)