[NTG-context] Newbie needs help getting started

Johan Råde johan.rade at gmail.com
Fri May 8 19:00:23 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-04 14:49, Johan Råde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get ConTeXt to run on my Windows machine (Windows 7 SP1).
> I already had MiKTeX installed on the machine.

To be more specific, I want to able to run both LaTeX and ConText from
TexWorks. The following works. (I followed Andres Conrado's advise to
use a bat file.)

1. Install MiKTeX (using the Windows installer)

2. Downloaded context-setup-mswin.zip.
    Unzip.
    Copy to C:\context
    Run the command
        C:\context\first-setup.bat --modules=all

3. Create a bat file C:\context1.bat with the following content:

call C:\context\tex\setuptex
context %*

4. Start TexWorks
    Go to File -> Preferences -> Typesetting.
    In the "Processing tools" list, select ConTeXt(LuaTeX).
    Press Edit.
    In the program field, replace context.tex by C:\context1.bat

--Johan