[NTG-context] removing # in XML identifiers

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Wed May 6 21:38:37 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \startbuffer[demo]
    \stopbuffer

    \startxmlsetups xml:initialize
         \xmlsetsetup{#1}{a}{xml:*}
    \stopxmlsetups

    \xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}

    \startxmlsetups xml:a
        \ctxlua{context("\\xmlatt{#1}{href}")}
        \ctxlua{local originalid = "abcde";% doesn’t work with #
        tex.print(string.sub(originalid,2))}
    \stopxmlsetups

    \starttext
         \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{demo}{}
    \stoptext

In both for some reason unknown to me, compilation crashes whe
string.sub has an string with # inside.

How could I get the following command working?

    \ctxlua{tex.print(string.sub(context("\\xmlatt{#1}{href}"),2))}

Even if I remove # from the href attribute, compilation crashes.

Sorry for asking this again, but which is the right way to do this?

I have spent hours trying to find out how to do it, but I’m afraid this
is beyond my knowledge.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--