[NTG-context] alternative numerical \cite command

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon May 4 20:26:20 CEST 2015

On 05/04/2015 07:03 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Thanks to remarks by Mojca and Alan, I did some testing with mkiv and my old setups for bibliography under mkii, and magically it works also with the new bibliography features of mkiv, that is without saying
> 	\usemodule[bib].
> However somehow I couldn’t find an equivalent for the command
> 	\placepublications[criterirum=all]
> when one needs to give another title to the section containing the bibliography (as in the attached file).
>
> As I understand from Alan’s and Thomas Schmitz’ answers, the new bibliography features are not yet completely « production ready » for those people who need complex requirements (this is not my case…).
> However it would be nice if the new commands were made known somewhere, even without having a detailed manual (some people use quite elementary features and probably those may be obtained in less than ten commands…).
>
> Best regards: OK

The example you provide is with an intermediate state: at one point,
Hans simply ported (most of) the functionality of the bib module to
mkiv. The "new" commands have \btx in their names; they are written from
scratch and use lua instead of bibtex. And please take my word for it:
the user interface really isn't stable enough yet, even for some quite
elementary cases. When things have settled down, it will be announced.
(If you're really impatient, you cam have a look at the publ-imp-* files
in the latest betas).

Thomas