[NTG-context] simplefonts vs typescripts

david.boerschlein at juno.com david.boerschlein at juno.com
Mon May 4 18:26:43 CEST 2015

I have been trying for weeks to set up the Google Noto fonts for ConTeXt.   I have tried (but do not understand all the syntax and parameters of) typescripts and simplefonts.

It seems that I probably should gravitate towards typescripts because the typescripts seem to be what comes with the distribution of other fonts.

Is there detailed documentation describing all the parameters in detail and giving examples?   All I found is some vague examples without any explanations in the contextgarden.net wiki.

Is there a tool that I can use to look at the .ttf or .otf file and discern the values I need to put into the typescripts?   Is there a tool to generate typescripts from the .ttf and/or .otf files or would one be easy for me to write in say Korn, Perl, or Python?

Please advise!

Thanks.

David Boerschlein
(214) 412-3275 home office land