[NTG-context] Newbie needs help getting started

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon May 4 16:25:27 CEST 2015

On 05/04/2015 02:49 PM, Johan Råde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get ConTeXt to run on my Windows machine (Windows 7 SP1).
> I already had MiKTeX installed on the machine.
> Here is what I did:
>
>    1. I downloaded context-setup-mswin.zip.
>    2. I unzipped and copied the folder to C:/context
>    3. I ran the command
>        first-setup.bat --context=current --modules=all
>    4. I added C:\context\tex\texmf-win64\bin to my PATH variable
>    5. I opened up the example file at
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Hello_world in TeXWorks
>    6. I selected ConTeXt(LuaTeX)
>    7. I compiled the file
>
> The compilation failed.

Hi Johan,

I wonder whether both paths (from MikTeX and the ConTeXt Suite) don’t clash.

My guess is that you should run:

    c:\context\tex\setuptex
    mtxrun --generate
    context --make --all

And compile the file you want from the command line, if compilation from
TeXworks fails.

I hope it might help,

Pablo
--