[NTG-context] Bleeding pictures as floats?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Mon May 4 13:54:18 CEST 2015

Am 2015-05-04 um 17:10 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com>:

>> Is it possible to use the float placing mechanisms for pictures that go beyond the type area or even beyond the page?
>>
>> In the book I’m typesetting, most pictures need to fill the whole width of the page (i.e. plus 3mm bleed), but not all cover a full page.
>>
>> I don’t know how to tell \externalfigure or \placefloat a negative offset.
>> Or can I use layers with floats? Of course the text should flow around the pictures.
>
> Does the details manual  [1] answer your questions?
>
> [1] http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-27.htm

Thank you, that helped, but not enough.

I have now:

\def\bleed{3mm}
\def\maxWidth{\dimexpr(\paperwidth+\bleed)}

\definefloat[bleedfigure][figure]
\setupfloat[bleedfigure]
[
outermargindistance=-\bleed, % does that exist?
leftmargindistance=-\bleed,
rightmargindistance=-\bleed,
default={cutspace,none},
maxwidth=\maxWidth
]

\def\topfig#1#2{\placebleedfigure[top]{#1}{\offset[topoffset=\dimexpr(-\topspace-\bleed)]{\externalfigure[#2][width=\maxWidth]}}}

With that my pictures start at 0,-3mm, but they should start at -3mm,-3mm on a left page. Their maximum width is only \paperwidth, without bleed.
Where’s my mistake?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net