[NTG-context] Bleeding pictures as floats?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Mon May 4 12:53:10 CEST 2015

Hi, I hope BachoTeX was a success!

Is it possible to use the float placing mechanisms for pictures that go beyond the type area or even beyond the page?

In the book I’m typesetting, most pictures need to fill the whole width of the page (i.e. plus 3mm bleed), but not all cover a full page.

I don’t know how to tell \externalfigure or \placefloat a negative offset.
Or can I use layers with floats? Of course the text should flow around the pictures.

BTW, what does the „object“ key of \setupexternalfigures do?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net