[NTG-context] Mark off boxes

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun May 3 23:14:29 CEST 2015

> Am 03.05.2015 um 22:53 schrieb henman <dhenman at gmail.com>:
>
> I am trying to create a form which will use check boxes in it.
> I tried to use the \bigsquare character for the check box and put in in an itemize list.

The \definesymbol command expects the argument in square brackets.

> The \bigsquare character, however does not display however in the itemized list, but will display by itself.  What do you normally do for check boxes?

You can create your own box with the \framed command.

\definesymbol[BigSquare][{\framed[strut=no,width=1.5ex,height=1.5ex]{}}]

\starttext

This is a big square: \symbol[BigSquare].

\startitemize[BigSquare]
  \item Choice a does not have a check box.
  \item Choice b also does not have a check box.
  \item Not really a choice. No checkbox (bitsquare) here either.
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Wolfgang