[NTG-context] Why is context.mkii out of date?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:27:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I created some documents with MKII and started wondering why pdfinfo was showing

Creator:        ConTeXt - 2013.06.07 17:34
Producer:       pdfTeX-1.40.16
CreationDate:   Sun May  3 11:18:14 2015
ModDate:        ConTeXt - 2013.06.07 17:34

I first thought that I accidentally used TeX Live 2013 and had to
tripple-check until I realized that context.mkii actually defines
    \edef\contextversion{2013.06.07 17:34}
Why is that?

While I understand that MkII is basically frozen, it would be nice if
pdf reported the version of ConTeXt that was actually used.

(ModDate might also be wrong. In MkIV it's the same as CreationDate.
And in MkIV Creator uses one extra space at the beginning.)

Thank you,
    Mojca