[NTG-context] Font problems.

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat May 2 20:05:47 CEST 2015

On 05/02/2015 04:19 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> On the same source file Texlive 2004, context

Hi John,

sorry, but I wonder whether you meant TeX Live 2014.

> (mkiv) can find files that a more recent stand
> alone version of context can't.

Font files, I guess.

> I need to set something somewhere so that the stand alone version can
> find files in /usr/share/fonts/OTF.
>
> I call the stand alone version from a script
> called "Context" in /usr/local/bin:
> --------------------------------
> . /home/safe/context/tex/setuptex
> context $1
> -------------------------------------
> /home/safe is my home directory. Stand alone
> context is in /home/safe/context. It is dated Jan
> 27 2015.

Add after the last line in /home/safe/context/tex/setuptex:

  export OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts/OTF//""

I would personally add:

  export OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts//""

So you will be able to use other fonts than OpenType.

Then reload the font cache by running:

  . /home/safe/context/tex/setuptex
  mtxrun --script fonts --reload

I hope it helps,