[NTG-context] ConTeXt installation problem with Windows 8.1

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Wed Apr 29 11:18:48 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:07:58 +0200, Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar at gyza.cz> wrote:

> Hello ConTeXist.
> I tried to install standalone ConTeXt (64 bit. Version) into the new installation of Windows 8.1 During installation, I encounter a message about missing DLL library (at first MSVCR100.DLL, after insert this library next error message.). Does anyone have a similar experience? respectively. How do I install Windows ConTeXt to 8.1
> Thanks. Jaroslav Hajtmar

although the following solution for Ctx installation is "ad-hoc", not systematic, it should solve your problem:
add the missing MSVC libraries from "MS Redistributable Package":

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kche8ah(v=vs.100).aspx

The problem appears time-to-time to end users and not to program developers, as MS Visual Studio includes/installs the required DLLs (which are part of "Redist. Pack.") automatically (so it works for developers).

And then, an end user may need to install the missing DLLs manually.
(When a SW has an installer, it often handles this step automatically.)

So, try do download & install the proper "MS Redistributable Package"; it's free (download and install, both).

Cheers,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz