[NTG-context] setupheads separator and stopper

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:46:12 CEST 2015

> Am 24.04.2015 um 11:19 schrieb Csikos Bela <bcsikos425 at freemail.hu>:
>
> Wolfgang Schuster  írta:
>>
>>> Am 23.04.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>>
>>> Hello list members:
>>>
>>> contextgarden wiki site http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says
>>> that the \setupheads command "has been reported non-working for some people".
>>>
>>> For me the alternative=inmargin/normal options work, but the separator= and
>>> stopper= options have no effect. I would like my chapter, section etc numbers to
>>> have a dot after them, eg 1. 1.1. etc. How could I achieve this? Just in curiousity,
>>> how can I change the separator?
>>
>> \setuphead
>> [sectionstarter=(,
>>  sectionstopper=)]
>>
>> %\setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[none]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \chapter[sec:chapter]{Chapter}
>>
>> \section[sec:section]{Section}
>>
>> \subsection[sec:subsection]{Subsection}
>>
>> Reference to chapter \in[sec:chapter] and section \in[sec:section].
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Thank you. This works for me.
>
> Just two questions:
>
> 1. The "section" part of the words sectionstarter and sectionstopper above is just
> a general term for any heading type and does not correspond to the heading type.
> Is this correct? (That is, there are no chapterstarter=, subsectionstarter= etc. options).

No, it’s part of the key name and you have to use „sectionstopper” also for \part, \chapter etc.

> 2. The command you commented, \setupreferencestructureprefix, what does it supposed to do? It did not do anything for me, eg:
> \setupreferencestructureprefix[default][prefixstarter={\symbol[diamond]},prefixstopper={\symbol[none]}]

It comes the starter and stopper from the reference number in the text, compare the result from
\in with and without the \setupreferencestructureprefix setting.

> Based on the above I used this code tho achieve the required look:
>
> %%%
> \setuphead[sectionstopper=.]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Chapter}
>
> \section{Section}
>
> \subsection{Subsection}
>
> \stoptext
> %%%
>
> I found that \setupheads[sectionstopper=.] (plural) has the same effect.

\setupheads is only a synonym for \setuphead.

Wolfgang