[NTG-context] Roman numerals in running heads in frontmatter.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Apr 21 21:58:42 CEST 2015


On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:27:35 +0200
Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> On 04/20/2015 09:03 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> > When I set up running heads in frontmattter
> > like this:
> > \definestructureconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
> > \setupheadertexts
> >         [{\getmarking[title]}] 
> >         [{\pagenumber}]
> >         [{\pagenumber}]
> >         [{\Titlea}]
> > (where \Titlea is a string containing the book
> > title) everything is fine except the page
> > numbers in the running heads are in arabic
> > and not roman format. 
> > On the footers on \title pages the numbers are
> > roman as expected..
> > 
> > How do I fix this?
> 
> Sorry, John, but this is only a guess.
> 
> This might do what you intend:
> 
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,
> location=] \def\Titlea{The Book Title}
> \definestructureconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
> \setupheadertexts
>         [{\getmarking[title]}]
>         [pagenumber]
>         [pagenumber]
>         [{\Titlea}]
> \starttext
> \startfrontmatter
> \dorecurse{10}{\title{My Chapter
> Title}\dorecurse{20}{\input knuth\par}}
> \stopfrontmatter \stoptext
> 
> In short, [{\pagenumber}] should read
> [pagenumber].
> 
> Please, provide a minimal sample that shows the
> issues you’re confronting with your requiests.
> 
> Just in case it might help,
> 
> 
> Pablo

That was the change I needed. Thanks!

-- 
John Culleton
Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Updated PDF e-book: "Create Book Covers with
Scribus 1.4.5" coming soon at
http://www.booklocker.com/!


More information about the ntg-context mailing list