[NTG-context] A macro which gives a random name

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:55:41 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

In the example below I define a macro which chooses at random a name from a list of names. But I wonder whether this can be done in a more clever way without using a numerical macro created with math.random in Lua. The shortcoming of the macro below is that before hand I must know the nomber of elements in the list of names (for instance 5 in the example below), while it may happen that I need to create as many as random names that there are elements in the list, but sometimes I don’t know what is this number.

Thanks for any insight and help.
Best regards: OK
%%%% begin random-names.tex
\setuprandomize[2015] % set a seed

\starttext

\startluacode
\stopluacode

\define[3]\RandomName{%
	\setevalue{Named#1}{\ctxlua{tex.print(math.random(#2,#3))}}}
\define\RandomFunctionName{\ctxlua{tex.print(Name[\NamedFunctionNumber])}}

\dorecurse{10}{\RandomName{FunctionNumber}{1}{5}%
Give an example of a function $\RandomFunctionName : {\Bbb R} \longrightarrow {\Bbb R}$ which has a derivative only at the origin, and such that $\RandomFunctionName(0) = 1$.\par \hairline\par}

\stoptext
%%%% begin random-names.tex