[NTG-context] Howto typeset physical half-life

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Apr 18 13:22:34 CEST 2015

On 4/18/2015 11:28 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:51:56 +0200
> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I've added a checker so that at least it gets reported
>> (assuming the use of one math collection):
>>
>> mkiv lua stats  > unknown math characters: ½ (U+000BD) (n=3)
>
> This will be quite useful.
>
> A question in general for the mailing list: should missing math (and
> text) characters simply not appear or should some placeholder (such as
> a box) be rendered in its place? This could help with proofreading.
>
> Nevertheless, having missing characters reported in the log file is a
> good diagnostic.

we already have

\enabletrackers[fonts.missing=replace] % top of file

which should show something with

\starttext
     \m{T_α}
     \m{T_½}
     \m{T½_½}
     test \char3211 test
\stoptext

I've extended that to math so that you will get a placeholder there too
(more visible with this option, otherwise a "?" will be used as
replacement).