[NTG-context] Howto typeset physical half-life

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Apr 17 23:51:56 CEST 2015

On 4/17/2015 9:41 PM, Christian Prim wrote:
> Hi
>
> a year or so before one could simply typeset the physical half-life as
> shown in MWE:
>
> \usetypescript[palatino]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino]
> \starttext
>      ½ α
>      \m{T_α}
>      \m{T_½}
> \stoptext
>
> The greek letter is just to show, that utf-8 works as expected. In
> actual beta (and probably longer before) this doesn't work anymore. What
> have I missed?

Are you sure? palatino doesn't have that character in its math
repertoire (it might have been present in the alternative that uses px
fonts combined with a pagella text font in which case they're coming
from text). The math subsystem of context does to some extend accept
super and subscript characters but not (at least not now) these
fractions. Is this really needed? It can be done but quite some extra
overhead for bad practice.

Anyway, I've added a checker so that at least it gets reported (assuming
the use of one math collection):

mkiv lua stats  > unknown math characters: ½ (U+000BD) (n=3)