[NTG-context] For the Mac users: AppleScript to launch ConTeXt in a flexile way

Thomas Floeren thfl at mac.com
Fri Apr 10 15:18:19 CEST 2015

On 10 Apr 2015, at 11:35, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I use MacOS X 1.10.3.
> I downloaded the new script and now I can run it (though the system
> asks me whether I am sure about the origin of the script…)

Hm. Do you mean the “… is an application downloaded from the
Internet. Are you sure …” dialog?
If it’s that, that’s quite normal.

Otherwise, I don’t know. The script itself shouldn’t require
codesigning. And it wouldn’t make sense because the signature becomes
invalid after the first run. (It stores some properties, e.g. the path
to your setuptex files, inside the script.)

> and once the button next to SystemUIServer has been checked in the
> Preferences/Securtity and Privacy pane,

The first time you’ll use it with your editor (for example TexShop) it
will ask you to add the editor to the Accessibility prefs, too. This is
needed to get information on the editor’s document windows.

> your script does everything as expected.
>
> It is very useful especially for updating the ConTeXt standalone
> folders while keeping a copy of previous ones (if one decides to do
> so).

Glad to hear that it works for you and that it’s useful. And Yes, when
I update in the middle of a project I find it quite reassuring to know
that snapshots of my previous Ctx folders are just 2 clicks away ;-)

Thanks for the feedback

best

--
Thomas