[NTG-context] caption setup

Csikos Bela bcsikos425 at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 9 13:14:49 CEST 2015

Wolfgang Schuster írta:

>> Am 09.04.2015 um 00:13 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I have to setup caption formatting for Hungarian.
>> In Hungarian I have to write "#. figure." instead of "Figure #:"
>> The exact word for "figure" is "ábra", so what I want exactly is:
>> "# ábra.", eg "1. ábra".
>> How can I do it? (If I set the document language to Hungarian, the
>> word "ábra" is shown correctly but the order is not correct; I get ,. ábra:#.)
>
>Until the labels for hungarian are fixed you can use the \setuplabeltext command
>to set the right labels.
>
>> Another question: for caption text I want it to be justified and the last line of the caption
>> centered. How can I do that?
>
>\useMPlibrary[dum]
>
>\mainlanguage[hu]
>
>\setupcaption[figure][align=last,numberstopper=.]
>
>\setuplabeltext[hu][figure={, ábra}]
>
>\starttext
>
>\startplacefigure[title=\input{ward}]
>	\externalfigure[dummy]
>\stopplacefigure
>
>\stoptext
>
>Wolfgang

Wolfgang, Otared:

Thank you both for your suggestions. Unfortunately the caption modification works only partially. I could not make both the caption labels and the references look correct.

When I use Wolfgang's example, I get the following: attachment file caption-example-2.pdf.

I also tried different settings for caption label, here is the code:

\setupcaption[figure][numberstopper={. ábra.}]
\setuplabeltext[figure={}]

Code:

\verbatim{\setupcaption[figure][numberstopper={. ábra.}]} \par
\verbatim{\setuplabeltext[figure={}]}

Result:

Reference to figure 1 (\in{figure}[figure-1])

\placefigure[][figure-1]{This is the caption}{\framed{Some figure}}

\hairline

\setupcaption[figure][suffix={. ábra},numberstopper={.}]
\setuplabeltext[figure={}]

Code:

\verbatim{\setupcaption[figure][suffix={. ábra},numberstopper={.}]} \par
\verbatim{\setuplabeltext[figure={}]}

Result:

Reference to figure 2 (\in{figure}[figure-2])

\placefigure[][figure-2]{This is the caption}{\framed{Another figure}}

\hairline

The caption should be: ``1. ábra. This is the caption''

The reference should be: ``(1. ábra)'' -- NO period after ``ábra'', without the word ``figure''.

I attach the generated pdf output: caption-example.pdf

Unfortunately none of the above code variants gives the correct result.
Despite of the bad "wording" I don't understand why numberstopper (.)
doesn't appear after suffix (. ábra) in figure 2.

Any way to fix these?

The alignment=last option works. (This option is not mentioned among the options at the contextgarden wiki site, http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupcaptions.)

Thanks,

bcsikos