[NTG-context] SyncTeX and mkiv

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:32:05 CEST 2015

Hi,

SyncTeX usually works for me, but I need to use
    context --synctex ...
(I don't know if --synctex=1 is supposed to work in ConTeX. I believe
that Hans changed the syntax.)

Enabling it inside the document doesn't work for me for some reason.
Hans suggested to put the command inside the first line (modeline or
however that one is called).

But "context --synctex filename.tex" generally works. It is not as
precise as it could be (it often knows only paragraphs, not individual
lines or characters, but that's ok given how much extra info would be
needed to store position of every character) and it doesn't know all
the elements (text on metafun figures and other weird elements might
not have a sync point), but I never experienced any really strange
behaviour or positioning discrepancies. I'm using Skim.app.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thanks for your reply and your attention.
> Actually it seems that the way ConTeXt mkiv writes informations to the SyncTeX file has changed and the way it works i snot completely dependable. For instance sometimes the following
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth.tex
> \stoptex
>
> results in a PDF which, when clicked on with a modifier key (Command on Mac OS X) opens the source file knuth.tex. But  the following simple example
>
> \starttext
> Hi there, can you show me this sentence in the source file?
> \stoptex
>
> Does nothing at all…
>
> So I am puzzled…

Did you actually forget a "t" at the end or did you just make an error
when copy-pasting?

Mojca