[NTG-context] RAL colours

Pavneet Arora pavneet_arora at waroc.com
Sat Apr 4 18:00:39 CEST 2015

Many thanks Hraban!

This is great insight into the printing world.  Of course, Pantone has a
dominant position on this continent at least, but as you stated, its
proprietary nature keeps the palette from being distributed easily.

So the question remains:  if the X11 colourspace is found inadequate, is
there another one that we might look for inspiration to create decent
spot colours for document processing?  Even if RAL colours are used for
varnish, does that mitigate the use of their RGB values for other
paints?  Note, that I am not seeking exact calibration of colours, say
for branding across different media; just a more expressive palette for
print applications.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Adobe products that you
mention, and in any case would just want a convenient set of colours
inside ConTeXt to create documents on the fly.

For this type of work, are there any other "open source" palettes that
we might look towards?

Warm regards.

--
----