[NTG-context] small space before some characters (: ; ! ?)

Csikos Bela bcsikos425 at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 2 12:05:32 CEST 2015

Wolfgang Schuster  írta:

>> Am 01.04.2015 um 18:46 schrieb Csikos Bela:
>>
>> Hello:
>>
>> Hungarian typography requires inserting small spaces before :, ;, ! and ? characters.
>> The width of this small space should be equal to that of the period (.). In latex magyarlatex (magyar.ldf) module (part of biblatex) contains definitions to achieve this. How could I set this in context?
>

>You can use the french settings which also requires a small space before these characters.
>
>\starttext
>
>Take a look at this; this: this! or this?
>
>\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
>
>Take a look at this; this: this! or this?
>
>\stoptext

Thanks!
It is something I'd like to have but the space inserted is too big, it looks like a normal interword space. It should be 1/3 or 1/4 interword space or the width of the dot (the visible part), but definitely less than a normal space. Is it possible to redefine the inserted space width?

Thanks,

bcsikos