[NTG-context] Forms and JavaScript

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Apr 2 09:42:10 CEST 2015

Hello,

while trying to create some interactive forms using latest beta (MkIV), I found that JavaScripts are only then copied into the PDF, if there’s a \goto referencing a JS function.

According to the old widgets manual I thought I could set default values of fields calling JS functions or variables as [JS(MyFunc)], but that doesn’t work.

\starttext

\setupinteraction	[state=start]

\startJSpreamble{formtest}
% this JS code is only copied to the PDF if the \goto below is uncommented!
var d = new Date();
var df = this.getField("Datum");
var CurDate = util.printd("dd.mm.yyyy", d);
df.value = CurDate;

function toggleField(){
	var f = this.getField("Datum");
	f.display = ! f.display;
}
\stopJSpreamble

%\goto{toggle}[JS(toggleField)]
\blank

\setupfield[MMshortString][reset,horizontal][height=5mm, width=50mm, frame=off, bottomframe=on]

\definefield[Datum][line][MMshortString][][JS(CurDate)] % JS(CurDate) ends up verbatim in the field

Date: \field[Datum]

\stoptext

Greetlings, Hraban
---